The following terms and conditions apply to all domains, hosting and or associated services offered by Cairn Solutions Ltd and its suppliers. By ordering domain related services from Cairn Solutions Ltd and its suppliers you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions with prior notice at any time.
- Any organisation or person who purchases or uses web space supplied by Cairn Solutions Ltd or its resellers is responsible for the content held in that allocated space. This includes obtaining legal permission for that content and ensuring that the content or any other actions they take in regard to their domain does not violate UK or international law or the terms and conditions of our suppliers or partners (available on request).
- We reserve the right to suspend your hosting services or to remove any material that is deemed inappropriate or that is not within statutory requirements from your pages, without prior notice.
- You must not participate in any form of unsolicited bulk emailing or Spam. You must at all times be sure that forms you use are secure and cannot be used by a third party for sending bulk emailing or Spam.
- We reserve the right to cancel an account at any time, without prior notice.
- You are responsible for backing up any data that you put on our servers and databases. We can not be held responsible for the loss of any data or content.
- Renewal: Hosting services are automatically renewed annually. It is the client’s responsibility to cancel hosting in writing before the renewal date (one year from inital order or purchase and annually on that date in subsequent years).
- When any account is closed, all files for that account will be deleted.
- Bandwidth and Disk Space: We specify unlimited bandwidth or traffic and umlimited disk space on the understanding that such an offer is undertaken by you in good faith. If your bandwidth reaches a point where it has an adverse effect on our other clients then we reserve the right to notify you and levy addiitonal charges and/or disable your site until the problem is resolved. Regarding disk usage the same rule applies. You should also note that all content stored on your website must be specifically there to enable the effective delivery of your web services. Simple file storage and sharing is specifically prohibited and Cairn Solutions Ltd reserves the right to decide if this requirement has been broken and disable the client’s web services until the matter is resolved.
- Domain Names: Anyone applying to register a domain name must also comply with the terms and conditions of the registration organisation for that country. A full list of these can be found at the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority lists of domains at iana.org. Our customers should also read our key terms when we are selling domains to you under our Nominet CAIRNLECK
- Domain registration fees are non-refundable if the domain specified proves to be unobtainable – an alternative domain is then chosen.
- If domain names are registered prior to payment, the domain remains the property of Cairn Solutions Ltd and its suppliers until such time as any fees are paid. You, the client, may have full use of that domain name within the payment period specified in the invoice but we reserve the right to withdraw the use of any domain name until the fees associated with it have been paid. In the event of payment default we reserve the right remove any existing content and to post banners on that site indicating that the customer has defaulted in payment. UK Second Level domains are subject to a two yearly contract period. Release of a domain name must be made in writing 1 month prior to the registration renewal date (one year from inital order or purchase and annually on that date in subsequent years for Top Level Domain Names and bi-annually for UK Second Level Domain Names). Unless you specifically request otherwise your name will appear as the registrant. The address will be shown as C/o the registered address of Cairn Solutions Ltd. Where certificates of ownership are issued by registration authorities they will be held at the registered address of Cairn Solutions Ltd and will be supplied on receipt of a SAE. Cairn Solutions Ltd reserve the right to take ownership of domains where either the customer has defaulted in payment or the domain has passed its expiry date and the customer has not given advance notice of release. In either case the customer will not be entitled to any revenue we generate with that domain.
- Changing the registrant of a domain once it has been registered will attract an administrative charge. This charge varies depending on the type of the domain.
- Email: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, email services are provided on any domain hosted by us.
- Website Monitoring: In order for us to be able to progress an issue on your behalf we may need to be access your site, database (if you have one) and code. By signing up for this service you are agreeing to this; if necessary we will change the password for your current FTP account or if you have one, SSH account. You will be notifed of the new password. You are also agreeing to us uploading test scripts to run tests. Our service does not change any existing scripts or codes on your site. Nor does it extend to troubleshooting any of your own code. Customers who are not using our hosting service will need to complete an additional authorisation form before we can commence Website Monitoring. In the case where we have acted to progress an issue, customers will be notified by e-mail no later then by the next working day.
- Privacy and Passwords: Any account names and passwords allocated must not be divulged to any third parties and you should take reasonable action to ensure that it is not discovered or passed on to other persons.
If you believe that your account details are known by others, then you should notify Cairn Solutions Ltd or its suppliers immediately and request to have them changed.
- Any information you submit to Cairn Solutions Ltd and its suppliers is protected under our privacy statement and will be treated with the same care as we treat our own.
- Warranty Disclaimer: You agree that your use of our Services is solely at your own risk. You agree that such Service(s) is provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service(s) or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Service or that defects in the Service will be corrected. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data. We make no warranty regarding any goods or services purchased or obtained through the Service or any transactions entered into through the Service. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF THE SERVICE AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.